Sunday, November 7, 2010

A.D.Pi girls beach trip

After about a year of trying to find a good date to take our annual beach trip with my girlfriends from college, we FINALLY found a date that worked!  This year we all met up at an amazing house on Ono Island in Gulf Shores.  To say this house was large would be an understatement!  We had such a great time seeing everyone and here are a few pics to highlight the trip...
The car trip started out great, both boys were in a great mood and Harrison was entertaining Davis.  I left Harrison in a diaper and figured I wouldn't say anything about trying to use the potty.  I didn't want to discourage him from keeping his diaper dry, however I knew it would be a much quicker car trip if he just went in his diaper. Fast forward to 45 minutes down the road when Harrison let us know that he needed to use the potty.  So we stopped.  Then we stopped again 45 minutes later.  Then we stopped again 45 minutes later.  I am so proud of my little guy for doing so well with the potty but car trips sure went a lot faster before we had a potty trained 2 yr old!
Harrison had three favorite activities this trip...
#1 - building a "water mountain" with his daddy...filling up his bucket with water from the ocean, taking it to the top of his "water mountain"...
 then letting it run down the beach back into the water...
# 2 - fishing with his daddy off the dock at our house (too bad the owners didn't leave the keys for the boat)...
and # 3 - playing with his new buddy, Ben -
Cute video of Jessica & Ben trying to teach Harrison how to play football

 The pool was FREEZING, but Harrison and some of my crazy friends still had fun playing & relaxing in the water...
Here is my roommate from college, Kendra, and her sweet, sweet little girl, Ellie...
 Harrison & my friend Allison's daughter, Anna, hangin on the porch...

The amazing view from the house at sunset...
Two of my boys relaxing on vacation...
Harrison took a few special trips with his daddy.  It was so nice for them to get to spend some quality one-on-one time and I know Harrison had so much fun!  With Lance's crazy work schedule it was nice for the boys to get some good bonding time.  They took a little trip to the beach and look how far Harrison  has come!!
This trip went so fast, I can't believe I didn't get a chance to sit on the beach at all!  My how different beach trips have become with two kids!
Their second little outing was a little boat trip.  Our house had a few kayaks so Lance took Harrison out in the boat...
"SAY CHEESE DAVIS!!!"  Poor Davis, I'm sure he is probably thinking "just wait until I can defend myself!!"
Here are the little divas relaxing by the pool...
(Ellie)
(Anna)
Harrison having fun with Aunt Amanda.
Me and my Harrison
Why can't I live here?!?!?!
Since we were at the beach over Halloween weekend, we found a little Halloween event for Harrison to go to.  He was a pirate but it was too hot to wear the pirate coat and I left his "Argh!" shirt at home...oops!
With so many kids around this trip, it was much easier to just eat at house each night.  On Saturday night though, we decided to go to Lulu's.  I'm so mad that we didn't try to get one big group picture, but here are a few pictures from dinner of the group...
Allison, Wes & Stephanie...
Fred, Amanda, Michael, Kendra, Ellie, Ben & Jessica...
Harrison goofin off w/ Aunt Steph...
One last pic of Harrison and his buddy Ben...
And the best part of the trip...we made it back in time to trick-or-treat!  We got home at 6:45 pm, rushed inside to get Harrison dressed up, when Harrison decided to melt down b/c he didn't want to wear his pirate costume.  Thankfully we have an Alabama football jersey that he wears on football weekends, so I asked if he wanted to dress up as an Alabama football player.  He thought that was a good idea, so he walked around in his Julio Jones jersey, but told everyone he was  a police officer.  At least he has a good imagination!
This year Harrison wanted his daddy to walk to the doors with him...apparently mommies were not allowed to trick or treat!
Davis' first trick or treat!  Poor guy, we were in such a hurry to get out the door that I didn't even bother to get him dressed up!
What a way to end a fun weekend!!

No comments: