The snow started last night around 9 pm and continued through the morning. Lance and I walked outside last night when it was really coming down and it was just beautiful!
I think we got around 6 inches or so and since we had freezing rain after the snow, there was a layer of about 1/4" of ice on top of the snow. The roads were "treacherous" as the meteorologists like to say, so Lance was snowed in. He worked most of the day, but we were able to get him to come outside to play in the snow for a while. Thankfully, when we were in Cincinnati for Christmas, we bought some snow pants for Harrison at the Gap Outlet, so he was set! They are a size 4/5 b/c I really wasn't thinking he was going to have a chance to use them until next year - ha!
Once we were all up, we put on about 4 layers of clothes and headed outside.
Davis wasn't crying, but I think he was just trying to figure out what in the world we were doing b/c he had the most serious look on his face all morning. Harrison, on the other hand, could not stop smiling!
Harrison and his cousins made a bunch of snow angels in Cincinnati, so I told him to make one in the snow. We all started laughing because since there was a layer of ice on top of the snow, he was basically just waving his arms over the snow, he couldn't break through the barrier. I love this smile though! Pure joy!
Harrison wanted to help clean the snow off of Lance's car...
Harrison had so much fun stomping around and even made a new friend, Rebecca. She lives just up the street and came looking for our neighbor. The neighbor girls didn't want to come outside, so she came and played with us instead. I was surprised that we were the only ones playing outside all morning.
Oakley even had fun too.l She was so cute to watch b/c she would bunny hop through the snow.
Action shot...
On the hunt for a good stick...
Found it!!!!
And you always have to warm up with a nice cup of hot chocolate...extra marshmallows, of course!!!
We then had some homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Lance said, "why are you making grilled cheese?" I said, "Because that is what you eat after you play in the snow!". I'm not sure how or why that tradition started, but for some reason, we always had hot chocolate, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches after a long morning of sled riding. Such a fun day! School is canceled tomorrow so it looks like, we will have a round 2!


No comments:
Post a Comment