Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Our New Wednesday Routine

I feel like around Wednesday of each week, we all start to feel a little restless so I was really excited when I found out about a few things that are going on at our church on Wednesday afternoons.  A friend of mine teaches Kinder musik classes and she mentioned to me over the summer that she teaches a 4:30 pm class on Wednesday afternoons so she can do the class with her younger son while her older daughter goes to choir practice.  Kids can start choir when they are 3 at our church, so this was perfect timing!  We showed up today for the first class and both kids had a blast!  It can be kind of hard to get Harrison to want to go to church sometimes, so I left the church part out and just told him that he was going to music class with all the other big kids.  They actually have so many 3 year olds signed up this year that they had to break them into 2 classes.  It kind of stinks because all of his buddies (ie, my friends' kids) are in the younger 3's class and he is in the older 3's, but maybe he will make some new friends out of it!  He loved it, although I still can't get him to tell me what he sang.
The class for Davis is a Mommy & Me type of class so I got to participate with him.  This is really the first activity that I have done with just Davis so it was so fun to watch him!  So far he has been the more shy of  my two kids, so I was thinking he was going to be a little nervous and quiet...boy was I wrong!  He just walked around the classroom, dancing, "singing", smiling and laughing at everyone...just hamming it up to get everyone to laugh.  I can tell he just loved being the center of attention and it was so fun to see his little personality coming out!
After the classes we ate dinner with a few of our friends.  All of our husbands generally have to work late, so we sat together and actually had some time to catch up.
Aside from Sunday morning activities, we really haven't participated in too many church activities so am glad to find some new things to get involved in with the kids.  Getting a break from cooking is just a bonus!
I didn't even think to try to get pictures of the boys, but it was nice to just enjoy the evening and just "be", completely in the moment with the kids.
If any of my blog followers ever want more info or want to join the classes, there are still a few openings and choir is open to everyone!

No comments: