Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend of Fall Festivals

What a weekend!  Since Lance was out of town, I was originally thinking it was going to be a low key weekend without much to do...boy was I wrong!  It started on Friday morning, we had a fun play date at a friend's new house.  It was a beautiful house and it was the first time in a long time that we had our entire group back together!  I only thought to take one picture, of Davis and his little buddy, Kate, who were born 2 days apart...I think they make a cute couple, don't you??
That evening, we went to the Pumpkin Trails and Tales festival in downtown Kennesaw with my friend Renee and her two cuties, Reese and Sam.  The kids had a blast and again, thanks to my broken camera, I didn't get too many pictures.  It was a perfect little festival for the kids - it had the playground that they love, puppet shows, costume contests, a few jumping castles, and candy, candy, and more candy!  I feel like we don't go to too many festivals because they can be kind of overwhelming trying to keep track of the kids when there are so many people.  It felt like it was our own little festival because there were not very many people there at all...bad for Kennesaw, I'm sure, but great for us moms!

I brought the kids costumes b/c Harrison has been begging to wear his all week.  Of course, Harrison didn't want to wear it once we got there, but Davis had so much fun toddling around as Rex from Toy Story.
Harrison loves this playground in particular because it is right next to the train tracks so you can watch the trains when you play.  The last few times we have gone there, we haven't seen too many trains, but the kids got their fair share last night!  I think about 4-5 trains came in the few hours that we were there!
Davis' favorite part by far was the Dum-Dum that he got from one of the baskets.  He had never had a lollipop before, but as soon as he reached for it, he went to town figuring out how to get the wrapper off so he could eat it.  He did a great job but was covered in sticky lollipop druel by the time he was done with it.  He was a man on a mission and didn't make a peep until he was finished!
Davis won "Cutest Costume" in the costume contest that night...I'm pretty sure just about every kid who was in it won some type of award, but we were excited nonetheless!  I definitely think he was the cutest, but I guess I am a little biased!

The next morning was Harrison's school's fall festival.  He has been looking forward to this for a while and was extra excited that his grandma was going to come with us.  Thankfully Renee warned us about how long the face painting line can get so we made sure to head there as soon as we got there...Harrison loved his spider web that he picked out!
As soon as he finished his face painting, it was time for the kids to sing the songs they have been practicing.  Harrison was especially excited because one of the songs that they were singing for us, is a song that his grandma taught him a little over a year ago.  It has always been his favorite, so he was all over it!  He got a little stage fright when it was go-time, but thankfully Ms. Christy was there to the rescue to calm him down and get him in the mix.  I was able to get a video of the song - he is right in the front middle...
They had a ton of jumping castles set up, little carnival games, a hay ride and a petting zoo.  Harrison loved everything, but spent the most time in the petting zoo.  They even let him pick up a bunny!
Davis liked looking at the animals but did not want to get too close!
Harrison did just about every activity there was to do, but his favorite part was, by far, the cotton candy and the candy that he would get for doing each activity.  He was so funny, this morning, he made sure to tell me that they were going to have candy at the festival so he would need to bring his pumpkin trick or treat basket.  When he would finish each game, and the workers would tell him to pick out a treat, he would first run to get his basket before picking out any candy to put in it.

After the festival we came home so Davis could nap and then we headed over to Grandma's to eat dinner and take some pictures at their neighbor's house.  They have a neighbor who gets really into Halloween and puts up some great decorations.  The kids always love looking at everything they have, so we thought we would attempt to get pictures with the kids in their costumes...again, Davis was the trouper, but Harrison was not interested in dressing up.  He has been telling me for months that he wants to be a ghost, but I think the costume is hard for him to keep straight...I am playing trial and error trying to figure out the best way to get this costume to fit right.  I feel like everyday I am tweaking some part of it.  Hopefully I will get it right by next week!
I had to start by showing a video of Davis walking in his costume...He just looks so cute waddling around in his dinosaur costume!  (If you listen closely, you can hear him say "dog", his first word.
One of the coolest things they had was this machine that was a mix between a bubble machine and a fog machine...it made white bubbles that were full of fog, so when they popped, it looked like they turned into smoke!  I need to find one, the kids loved it.  Here is a short video to try to show how they work...
Harrison and the spider...
Boo!
Its been a fun-filled weekend full of outside Fall activities.  This is my very favorite time of year and I'm glad that I have been able to enjoy the beautiful weather with my little pumpkins!

1 comment:

Kiera said...

What fun!! I love Davis' little costume, he is too adorable!