We had a fantastic trip though, which started out on a high note with a rental car upgrade to a brand new Sequoia! So fun! I told Lance that my Pilot was going to seem like a mini cooper after spending a week in that car! We ended up skiing 3 days and spending a day in Boulder. On our day off, I found a great yoga studio, we hit up a few ski shops, shopped around Boulder, ate lunch and went for a little hike. It was such a nice day and while it was only in the upper 30's, it felt like it was in the upper 50's...I assume because of the lack of moisture in the air.
The scenery out there is just amazing. I kept telling Lance that I felt like we were in a movie set. His sister doesn't have too bad of view from her house:
I feel like we usually come back feeling tired and run down and while I had a hard time sleeping throughout the entire trip, I feel like we timed it much better this year. We got lucky with skiing in that we got a lot of fresh powder for the first two days, so Lance and I were in Heaven. Not only that, but since we were skiing mid-week, it was as if we had the mountain to ourselves on most of the back runs that we did. We took a long lunch break each day which was the perfect time to check out these pics that my parents sent throughout the week:
(my parents had company coming in town over Harrison's birthday, so they had a special party at Chuck E'Cheese while we were gone - the boys are still asking to go back!)
happy birthday Harrison!
Fireman Davis riding his fire truck
Silly boys in the bathtub (my fav pic of the week!)
and a fun visit to Tellus!
I had a feeling they might not want us to come back after all the fun they had!
We did find some time to enjoy ourselves though!
Jennifer and Anna joined us on Saturday for a day of skiing at Copper Mountain.
(Lance and his big sis, Jennifer)
Anna spent the day in a ski school - it was amazing how quickly she
progressed! We are seriously thinking about taking the boys next year!
On our second day heading out to the ski resorts, we drove out to the most amazing sunrise. The entire sky was pink! It was absolutely incredible. My camera doesn't quite do it justice but you get the idea
We had so much fun skiing and getting to see all the girls, I wish we could get out there more than once a year!




No comments:
Post a Comment