It was a big weekend in the Randolph household! Harrison learned how to ride a bike! Lance took the boys on a little road trip this weekend to pick up a carrier for his new dirt bike. Lance happened to mention that before he could learn how to ride a dirt bike, he had to learn how to ride his two wheeler bike with no training wheels...apparently this was all the motivation he needed! They got home yesterday afternoon and Harrison hopped on his bike and figured it out right away! He had been trying for a few weeks, and really liked gliding on his bike, but hadn't wanted to use the foot pedals. I have been surprised at how patient he has been throughout the whole process. We practiced on the driveway yesterday and something just clicked and he figured it out. This afternoon, we took him up to school and after just a few tries, he really had it down.
And since he is a boy, within 30 minutes or so, he found a ramp to go down. I was a nervous wreck but I think this is what Lance was most proud of.Lance took charge of helping with this accomplishment, it was so fun to watch the excitement on his face as Harrison was figuring it out.
This might have been the coolest milestone that we have reached so far, I am so proud of him for not getting frustrated and giving up. We celebrated with cherry limeades but I hated to break it to him that his dirt bike dreams will have to just be dreams for quite a while.

1 comment:
Wow!!! Way to go Harrison:) So proud of you!!!
Post a Comment