Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One last trip...

Since our 2nd bundle of joy will be arriving at the beginning of July (or hopefully, end of June!), and since my parents are planning on moving down south, hopefully this summer, due to my dad's retirement in June, I thought I needed to take a trip back up to Cincinnati to soak in all the memories of the house I grew up in.  Of all trips to forget a camera, I can't believe this is the one I chose!  grrr!  On top of that, my mom's camera was broken, so we had one completely undocumented trip. 

Harrison and I flew up from Sunday - Sunday of last week and had a great time.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't very cooperative and it rained most days, but we still had a great time.  At this point in pregnancy, any excuse to get to lay low, is a good one!  Harrison had fun playing all week with the toys at my mom's house, watering her plants and helping granddaddy in the backyard.  We got to see our family quite a bit so that was also nice. 

We made one big outing to the zoo and it was killing me not to have my camera.  At the Cincinnati Zoo, they let the peacocks just roam around and while we were eating, one of the male peacocks came over to the picnic tables and spread his feathers for everyone.  I heard there was a female nearby, so he was trying to "court" her, but he did that for over 45 minutes.  Its so rare that you actually see their feathers all fanned out, so that was a neat experience for Harrison - he loved it!  I just wish I had a picture to show you all!

The unfortunate part of the trip is that he entered into a mama's boy phase the moment the plane landed and would scream if anyone else tried to put him down for a nap or put him to bed at night.  I know my mom and dad love helping out with that, so hopefully this phase will end soon.  Lance is still trying to get him to warm up to him this week.  Its amazing the phases that they go through, hopefully this one is short-lived!

Overall we had a great time and Harrison is still asking to go back to grandmommy's (pronounced ma-ma-mommy) house.  I'm not sure what the time frame will be for my parents moving, but I hope I can make it back once more before the house sells.  Its so hard to imagine not having the house that I grew up in since I was 4 yrs old, to go home to!  Sorry for the lack of pics, but I just wanted to make sure we documented the trip somehow!

No comments: