Sunday, April 25, 2010

Impromptu Beach Trip!

My sister called me last Tuesday asking if I would be up for an impromptu beach trip and since we have a little one arriving this summer, I figured this would be my last shot to see some sand for a while!  Harrison and I packed our bags and headed out the next afternoon.  We had such a fun trip, Harrison just loves hanging with his cousins, Jack & Trey!  Its so much fun to watch them grow up together, he loves to be a part of the "big kids".  Its hard to take pics of the boys when you're chasing them, but we managed to get a few cute ones!
Here are Jack & Harrison on the balcony sketching their pictures of the bay...
So far Harrison has not been a fan of the beach and sand, so I was relieved that Harrison, although hesitant at first, finally gave in and played with his cousins in the sand!  He ran around, built sand castles and rolled around as if his fear never existed!  He still wanted nothing to do with the ocean, although I can't blame him!  Poor little guy, hopefully he won't be scarred for life!
Harrison & Jack digging in the sand...
My cutie pie nephew Trey...this may be my favorite pic of the trip!  He is so great with Harrison and always knows how to cheer him up when he is sad.  Such a sweet boy!
"I want to go in so bad, but I just can't do it!!"
Very focused...
Trey & Harrison enjoying an afternoon snack...
This was so strange...in the park in St Andrews by the Bay, there was an old palm tree that had 4 trees growing from one trunk.  Too crazy not to take a pic.
The highlight of Harrison's trip was getting to watch all the boats.  Our house was right next to a marina so there were constantly boats coming in and out.  Every morning when he would wake up, he would say, "I want more boats.  I want to go outside and see boats."
Harrison loves holding his friends' hands right now instead of holding mine when walking down the street.  He and Jack were so cute walking all over town holding hands.  
Check out the movie star hanging by the pool!  The water is this way ladies!
Harrison and I played a game of burying his hands and feet in the sand.  He would pop them through the sand and say "Peekaboo!!".  I still can't believe he would let me do this!
This was so funny...Harrison was running all over the beach so I zoomed my camera and took a few pictures.  At one point he layed down in the sand, head and all...
...but as you can see from the after-shot, I think he learned his lesson!  I'm not sure how much sand he ate, but he tried pulling it out of his mouth, which only made things worse since it was all over his hands.  I have to say, I felt bad for him, but it was pretty funny to watch!
We had such a fun trip, but we were both excited to get back to see Lance/daddy!  Next time we head to the beach, we will be a family of 4, so it was fun to get some one-on-one beach time with my little man!

No comments: