I can't rememeber if I mentioned this on here or not, but my family came in town the week before Christmas, mostly for dropping off/picking up people from the Atlanta airport. The Thursday of that week, my washer decided to break. Not good when you have a million sheets, towels and clothes to wash before a trip. We got back on Dec. 30th and still had 10 days to survive until our washer could be delivered. Thankfully, I have the most amazing in-laws who let me take over their washer anytime I needed it, so I spent several days washing the essentials that we needed. One day, I was out running errands and needed to stop by to wash a few loads. Mr Randolph was home and said that he wouldn't mind watching the boys so I could get a few more errands finished up while my clothes were washing. I was gone about an hour and when I came back, this is what I found:
On New Years Day, Lance's dad built a spaceship out of a huge box for the boys to play in. It has been a big hit, so granddaddy got creative and turned Harrison into an astronaut out of grocery bags and duct tape.
This was our training facility where we learned how to fly an a space ship
Space Commander, Harrison Randolph preparing to take off:
Harrison said that since he had to take so many pictures, that the engineer and the "space maid" needed a picture too. (I asked if I could be an astronaut too but he told me I was the space maid because I stay in the kitchen and cook him whatever he wants...not too far from the truth - ha ha)...Harrison is becoming quite the photographer!
One last lesson on how/where to put gas into the space ship
Davis woke up from his nap, and of course, was more interested in playing golf...
Around Thanksgiving, I re-instituted rest time for Harrison. I felt like we both needed some downtime in the day and I think he is starting to like it. Last week after he played in his room for a while, he asked if he could play outside on the playset. I was folding laundry, so I opened the window so I could keep an eye on him. Few things make me happier than seeing the kids use their imaginations to play...
While playing outside, Harrison heard our neighbor, Patrick, playing with a friend. He is always talking about his "best friend Patrick". Patrick is a sweet kid, but just not interested in the least in playing with a 4 year old. I think he is in 3rd or 4th grade. Harrison talks about his all the time, which makes me sad. When we were at my parents' house for Christmas, he said he really needed to get home because he missed his best friend Patrick. After a while, I looked out and didn't see Harrison. I walked outside and saw him here:
He literally spent over an hour hanging out on the fence, talking to Patrick and his friend. I hate that there aren't any boys his age around our house. There seem to be a ton of boys in our neighborhood, but I don't know of any that are around his age.
My mom came back in town last week for a few days to take my Aunt Mary back to the airport. We mostly just hung around the house with her, but also decided to take a morning to go to a local farm to let the boys play and pick up some farm fresh eggs. My mom has always wanted to see the farm, ever since I told her that they use Shaklee's non-toxic cleaners to clean the cows and their house. Rise and shine grandmommy! Time to go to the farm!
The boys love the cats on the farm!
They also had fun watching this guy...
...trying to get the pigs to play with him!
Hello moo-moos!
The owners of the farm are so sweet and always remember us when we stop by. They have such a beautiful, clean farm and I love to support their efforts to provide local, organic food to their community. Their prices keep going up, but mostly because of the government that continues to make it harder and harder for them to run their farm. So sad! The boys always have so much fun running around and seeing all of the animals. I am going to make a concerted effort to go there more often this year.
A few months ago, Lance borrowed a chain saw from one of his managers at work, so that he could cut down a dead tree that was in our back yard. It has been sitting in our yard in pieces for quite a while now and last weekend, Lance finally decided to have a little bonfire to try to burn up some of the wood. It had been raining for a few days at that point, so the wood was pretty damp. He had a hard time trying to get the fire to start, so I mentioned that we should get a few limbs from the Christmas tree that was out on the curb. The boys helped me carry a few branches down and let me just say, after seeing the flame that came from the dry branches, it now makes me a little more nervous to have a live tree in my house! I couldn't believe how quickly they caught fire and how high the flames got from just a few branches! Thankfully, he was smart enough to bring the hose down in case it got out of control!This quickly turned into a marshmallow roasting party (pure torture for me since I'm doing 21 days of no sugar!!)
Davis was pretty scared of the fire, but his big brother was so sweet to roast a few for him
We have been talking for a while now about possibly putting in a fire pit somewhere. I would love to put one on our patio, but Lance doesn't think it would be a good idea with the wood trellis that is above the patio. After this bonfire, I really think he found a great spot at the bottom of the hill in the backyard. He said he doesn't think he would want to use it in the summers because of all of the trees down there, but it sure was fun to sit around the fire!
I hope everyone is having a nice start to the new year! I can't wait to see what else this year has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment