Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Funday at the lake

Prior to having kids, when Oakley was our "baby", we used to take her swimming up at Lake Allatoona all the time.  Since having 2 kids, poor Oakley has only been a few times.  It was a nice day and slightly "cooler" so we decided to take a last minute trip back to the lake.  Harrison was so excited and wanted to jump right in with Oakley.  I'm not sure that its the cleanest lake, but I felt better when a bunch of triathalon swimmers jumped in right by us and took off for a 2 mile swim!
Since Oakley hasn't been swimming in a while, it was a little sad to see how quickly she tired out today!  She used to go and go, never slowing down and today, after about 15 minutes, you could see her tiring out.  Of course, that didn't stop her though.  She still has a fierce need to chase a tennis ball if there is one in sight!
Before we headed out this morning, we tried to explain to Harrison what a lake was, but I'm not sure that he really understood.  Once we found our spot and Harrison saw the water, he kept saying "a lot of water!"  He wasn't afraid of it, like he is at the ocean, but he stood back just watching Lance for the first few minutes...
Of course it didn't take long for him to warm up and want to play!
Watch out Oakley, Harrison looks like he is up to something!
Throw it again dad, throw it again!!
I sometimes forget how pretty it is in Georgia!
I loved this one...
...and this one too!
Here is Davis chillin at the lake
Worn out from a fun day!  If I could have safely leaned over the backseat, you would have also seen Oakley passed out in the back!

No comments: